Blak – Between Darkness And Light Mimesi Edition – Limited 220
North American and Australian customers are open to pre-order from A Thousand Arms while their stock lasts: Shop link
In aesthetics, Mimesis (catalan. Mimesi) means the expression (copy, imitation, shape) of nature, an idea that impressionist painters took as a basis to abandon the idealization of the nature proposed by the Renaissance. Therefore, it seems logical that clarobscur lead to mimesi. The vinyl with orange colours is a soleil levant like Monet’s and from there everything starts to make sense. The repress of Between Darkness and Light is Mimesi. It is the same, without being the same.
– 180g+ 33-RPM cut from 24bit masters on special ASide – BSide with splatter vinyl
– 350gsm gatefold outer sleeve on reverse-board
– Flood black printing on the inside of the gatefold-sleeve
– Black Anti-Static Innersleeve
– 20×20 cm sized heavy weight artprint with metallic-rainbow lasered credits on 400gsm FSC mix paper
– A7 printed inlay with handwritten download code (different from 1st pressing)
This edition is limited to 220 units and will never be remade.